Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SEARCHING


I have been searching for a way,
A way to have a voice.
A way to be a voice;
A way to hear his voice.

I have been searching for a way to figure out what it is I am feeling.
To figure out if I am happy, if I am sad or if I just am.

I have been searching for a way to be the woman I want to be,
The wife I know I can be,
To be the mom he deserves me to be.

I have been searching for a way to be a friend again,
One who laughs and loves with all her heart.

I have been searching for a way to know myself better,
To love who I am and to learn from my past.

I have been searching for people who know and understand things I go through everyday,
people who understand the loss of dreams, yet always search for hope.

I have found hope.

I have found it through the people who open their lives to us,
Through the families who have become the voice for their children.

I have found it through the strength I see in mothers who never leave their child’s side; Through the friends who are always there no matter what you’re going through.

Through the people who have experienced tragedy and have come out on the other side filled with hope and love.

I have found hope through all of you,
And I thank you so much for the love and support everyday.



1 comment:

  1. Well, I can comment on the first three lines. Renee, you and Nathan have become a voice, a voice that is heard loud and clear through the special needs world. Thanks to you, other people are also having their voices heard.

    And on a less serious note...as far as Zach's voice... I think we all heard him loud and clear tell a very wee little lie!

    ReplyDelete