Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mothers Day

Dear mama,

I asked dada to write a poem for you about how I feel, well at least how daddy sees how I feel, about you, my mama. Happy Mother’s Day!! Love, Zachary

I love the way you dress me up
I love the way you massage my butt

I love that you let me eat
Tasty Pop Tarts, my favorite treat

I love you in the morning time,
I love you when the sun don’t shine.

You, mom, are my place real safe
You help me put my toys in place.

Though I cringe when you comb my hair,
I love that you do truly care.

Even when I cannot explain
You wipe my tears without complain.

You help me work to learn to walk
You help me work to learn to talk.

You sit me down and read me books
You laugh at me when I give you “looks”.

Your love for me is beyond compare
Do other kids’ moms have your flair?

I love the way you teach me the world,
I love it when your hair is curled.

I love to play with your hair so long,
It helps my fingers become so strong.

I love it when you hold me tight
I’m sorry that I sometimes bite.

I love it when songs you sing
I love it when you push my swing.

I love you mama, yes it’s true
Happy Mother’s Day to you! 
----
You, Renee, are a true exceptional mother. From the very beginning, you have taken to your roll as mom quicker and better than I’ve seen others. Even though you’ve admitted to me that the first few months were hard bonding times, you latched on nonetheless and took care of your baby boy for every need or want he had.
It’s been three years since I first witnessed the mother in you blossom. You are absolutely incredible. It brings tears to my eyes and a bright smile on my face to see you love on our Zachary.

The way you communicate with him and know exactly what he’s saying or what he wants. The way you play with him and tickle his belly. The way you explain to him what’s going on for the day, in the world, the workings of everyday life (even when you thought it would be impossible for you to do so). The way you let go and let him be a kid even when part of you is saying to do therapy every day all day.

You are the reason Zachary will be so well adjusted and functioning in life. You get him dressed with sweet song and kisses of love. You get him ready for school and ready for therapy. You take care of Zachary beyond measure.

I love seeing you interact with him and know, you just know, his favorite things to eat/do/play/watch, even though he has a difficult time communicating directly with us. Your compassion for him is so incredible, every mom in the world should use it as an example. You are his comfort; his source of security; the warm, soft, open arms he can always go to. With his gentle repetition of “ma-ma”, everyone knows he needs you; needs to know you’re nearby.

You continue to amaze me each and every day as you grow, blossoming more and more, as a mother. It is an honor to me that you are the mother of our child, our exceptional child. You are the positive force of light when things are tough. I appreciate all you do, and know Zachary does wholeheartedly as well.

On this Mother’s Day, we both wish you the best, desire you to know how much we care, love, appreciate, thank you, need, and are blessed to have you in our lives!   

Happy Mother’s Day to the best Ma-Ma in the whole wide world!

2 comments:

  1. aw that brought tears to my eyes. You can tell by his words for both himself and your son, how much they love you. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee',
    I had a computer blow up and lost your email. I would like to send you something again. My email is jodi@batonrougebolt.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete