Saturday, February 20, 2010

30 days, here we go!

30 days, we'll see!
Here's the plan.
1. Eat at least 4 times a day, as healthy as possible
2. Follow Jillians 30 day work out plan

I have worked my butt off and on and off and on the past 3 years since Zach was born to lose weight and I finally found something that works for me.  The only problem is the diet that works for me is not so good to help tone (because you can't workout while on it), so this is where Jillian is coming in.

I am going to spend the next 30 days committed to her workouts and see what happens.  I have spent so much time working on losing the pounds. I am not completely committed to the diet but we will see how the workouts go for my body.

So many of my friends and family say that I am "always on a diet" and I am tired of that. I just want to reach a place where I am happy with how I look and feel. 

I know that so many moms struggle with weight after having a baby and the stress that comes with having a special needs baby can make it even harder for many reasons.  My doctor told me the stress from everything we had been through was keeping my hormones out of whack and she didn't really have a solution.  Another reason is time, time, time. How do we find the time between doctors appointments, therapy appointments, working with our kiddos at home and just plain being tired?!?!

How do you eat healthy when at times food seems to be the only thing that makes you feel calm even if just for a moment (the guilt always comes later). 

I was wondering what has worked, or not worked, for you when it comes to weight loss and healthy living?

2 comments:

  1. I have one of Jillian's dvds and it kicks my butt! It is such a great workout. I combine that with BCOR, running and the eliptical machine and I have never felt better. Still haven't lost a ton of weight, but I feel great and I can tell my body is a lot more toned. BCOR has been great because I am home by 7:15 before my boys are even up and doing the Jillian dvd is great because I can do it at home and I don't have to worry about a babysitter. As far as food, I just watch my calories and try not to deprive myself too much. So....that is what is working for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love(!) yoga. Did the videos at home (even Wii Yoga is great!) after Ellie was born and paired that with big, long walks around the neighborhood with her in the jogger. Seemed fairly easy then. I'm not making time to workout regularly after Parker. The second seems harder. I might have to run out and get this highly recommended Jillian DVD!! I need to get my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete