Thursday, February 25, 2010

www.exceptionalfamilytv.com

www.exceptionalfamilytv.com

I don't even know how to put into words what I want to say about this new adventure our family is on...but I will try.

I am so excited about www.exceptionalfamilytv.com. It makes me so happy to finally connect with other families who understand and are going through the same things we do everyday - to no longer feel alone in this journey.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the moms I have connected with so far. You have been awesome and I can't wait to connect with so many more.

I have spent so much time in the past wishing I had just one other person (besides Nathan) to connect with.

So I am thinking of getting honest here but not sure if I should...
I guess, ah, oh no, here I go.

In the past I have been so desperate and longed so much for connection that I believe I started to see things in other people just weren't there.  I started seeing things in other friends' kiddos that were NOT there just thinking "maybe" I could really connect with someone... anyone!!!!

I never, ever wanted anything to be "wrong" with my friends' kids. I would never wish the struggles on them that we have been through, but my heart had just been aching for so long for some kind of connection.

I thank God every day for the opportunity given to our family.  I will continue to pray it grows in many ways so maybe just one other person can feel the connection I have.

How have you connected with others?  Have you longed to connect and just don't know how?

4 comments:

  1. Renee, I think you have spoken the feelings of all mothers with a special needs child. It's good to have a place where you can be open and tell it!
    Looking forward to seeing your first program!
    Kim Burch

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is so freakin' awesome! I love it so much. I just spent the last hour checking out the website and watching the videos and am absolutely dying for more.

    I completely understand the need to connect with other moms with a special needs child. I long for it. Currently I do it via blogging but I am struggling to do it in real life. I finally did meet a mom with a son with down syndrome and we have a great connection. But I have yet to meet a mom in real life with a child with CP. It's so isolating.

    I can't wait to see more videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about this that I just blogged about it. And added the website to my links on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I want to thank you for sharing this with me. I'm excited to find out what it's all about!

    I definitely have longed for that feeling of connecting with other parents who understand and empathize with my situation with Chloe. In my attempt to connect with others, I created the kidz blog (kidzorg.blogspot.com). I've met many amazing people, whom I have come to consider my true friends. I have met several of them in person and truly love them.

    The blog list on my blog/right sidebar, under "where I land" are all of my special needs friends. You should go "meet" some of those people. they are truly my inspiration every single day.

    I'm so excited to check out this link! thanks again for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete