Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Ever Changing Perspective.

It's kind of funny how your perspective can change so quickly when things change in your life.

I love how I can now look at Zach and the things that are different about him are the things I find so cute.  The way his arms get so stiff when he gets excited, the way his head tilts to the left so often, the faces he makes when he is trying so hard to accomplish a task and just the way he looks sitting in his wheelchair. 

These have become the things I now find so adorable in other kiddos as well; when I see another child with stiff little limbs or a tilted head because they don't have the strength to keep it up, or watching the face of a child who is trying with everything they've got in them just to turn the page in a book or push a button on a toy.  I now smile every time I see someone in a wheelchair. This is not because I am happy they have to be in a wheelchair or happy they have to try harder to do things that are so easy for everyone else; it's because, in a small little way, it reminds me Zach and our family are not the only ones whose life looks a little different from the majority.

Without these things that make Zach so different, our life would not be the way it is and, yeah, some might think it would be easier, but then we wouldn't have the adventure in our life right now that is so much fun.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking us out...glad to meet you and that boy of yours....oh my! He is ADORABLE, absolutely the cutest little boy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's great to meet you!
    Wow is your little guy cute, or what??? :)

    Looking forward to reading more...
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true. My perspective about life changes almost every day. My Chloe's arms also get stiff when she's excited - cutest thing ever!

    Your little family is SO cute! I'm glad you found kidz so I could find you! let me know if you want to share your story on kidz. :)

    ReplyDelete