Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There was NO MISTAKE!!!

 

 God saw that you will always have the strength, with His help, to create you just the way you are. There was NO MISTAKE!!!

How I will explain to Zach why he is different from other people? Why God made him the way He did?  All the “whys” that I know will come up as he gets older just scare me.
When I think about these things, I keep coming back to what people love to say to us as parents going through a tough time, “God gave Zach to us because He knew we could handle it and we would take care of him, because we are such great parents.” And it just reminds me it really is the same for Zach; this will only make him stronger and allow his character to grow.

It is not always about the little things in our life. It is about the “bigger picture”. It is about how we can help and be there for others. We are all here for a purpose and nothing is an accident. If Zach was not supposed to have CP, then he wouldn’t. If Zach is supposed to walk and talk one day, then he will.

I don’t know why I worry so often about the unknowns. It’s not so much the unknowns as the knowing how to respond, what to say or what to do when hard things happen. All I can do is pray for guidance and strength through it all just like any other parent dealing with the things that scare them.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through another one and just wanted to say thank you for sharing. especially this blog about the worries and what ifs. I'm on a similar journey with my twin son who has spina bifida. I hate to worry all the time and want to just feel the gratitude that he has been given to me. But I admit I think and worry often what I will say when he's older and the questions come, I pray that I will find the right answers but oh how I worry. Its always nice when you find someone who is going through a similar journey and facing the same challenges, going through the same emotions, you do feel less alone. thank you for that, God bless.

    ReplyDelete