Sunday, January 16, 2011

Being Content

Day 4

How do you feel when you see other families getting the things you feel your family/child needs?

We just got done watching Extreme Home Makeover and it could be so easy to slip into a negative thought process and think about how our family could really use everything the family we just watched got.  It could be so easy to feel bitter in situations like these, but I have found that being content with who you are and what you have is the fastest way to happiness. Know that nothing about your life is a mistake and try to figure out what it is you are supposed to be doing in the moment you are in.

“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” ~Lao Tzu

I have found being happy for and doing things for others is what really brings joy and happiness to your life.

“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” ~Albert Einstein

More time thinking about others = less time to think about yourself. I do not believe that thinking about yourself is a bad thing; I just think when you are thinking about others it helps you to not focus on the negatives in your life.

“Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.” ~C.S. Lewis

Tomorrow I will talk about being content with our bodies. Is this possible?

1 comment:

  1. Well said Renee. I don't watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition much but when I do I often feel the same way. I usually convince myself that at least someone's life is changing and for good reasons, or I just turn it off all together. We should be content with what we have, for no other reason than it could be worse.

    ReplyDelete