Friday, January 14, 2011

Motivation!

Day 3

Motivation!

“Motivation is the driving force which causes us to achieve goals. According to various theories, motivation may be rooted in a basic need to minimize physical pain and maximize pleasure.” (Wikipedia definition)

We all need motivation to do certain things, but should we need extra motivation to be and stay healthy? I’m not sure why, but it seems like we do.




My motivation started out being these silly pair of jeans and they still are…just a little. It really is amazing that in just three days my motivation has shifted from something so superficial to something so much more. In just three days my body and mind have shown me that they needed this and that I had not been taking care of myself.

How often do we forget about ourselves? How often do things like this seem like so much work. They seem to be daunting to even begin to think about - thinking we don't have the time or the energy to even start. But if we don't take care of ourselves, I believe we are being just as selfish as if we spent hours in the gym every day. I believe we need to think about ourselves so we can think about others. As a wife, mother and friend you need to take care of yourself so that you have the strength, energy and motivation to take care of others.

It’s amazing how fast our body, mind and spirit will respond and thank us!

No comments:

Post a Comment