Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 5-Being Content With Your Body, Is It Possible?

Is being content with our bodies, no matter where we are at, possible?

This is a funny thought to me because the times in my life when I have been thin have also been the times that I have been the least content with the way I looked. Why do you think this is? I think it has to do with how we feel about ourselves overall. Are we happy in our relationships? Are we proud of ourselves and what we are doing? Do we feel we are being productive? I think all these things factor in when we are looking at ourselves in the mirror.

I was always told that “being skinny is not what will make you happy” but this was something I had a hard time with. I always felt like if I could just feel good about the way I looked I would feel better about the rest of my life/myself.

The past few years have really changed the way I look at things and I have found that this statement is so very true. It doesn’t matter what you look like or what you can or can’t do, those are not the things that will bring happiness or make others like you more.

I think I will always want to feel like I look good and want to be happy and content in my skin but I now know that this is not the thing that matters most. If I want to be happy I need to be happy with myself and who I am as a whole, to know that I need to be an example for my child and be a strong and confident person that doesn’t let my little insecurities or other people ever determine weather I am going to be happy or not.

That no matter what my body looks like or what my body can or can’t do I am loved and I should stand strong as the woman, wife and mother that God wants me to be.

1 comment:

  1. You are very very pretty, and your weight is fine. You have great hair and skin. There is only one thing I can see if you changed will put you right over the top in natural beauty..it's
    ...your brows ... they are a bit over plucked and are more for a round face.
    Go with brows for an oval face,
    http://www.eyebrowz.com/oval.htm
    .please don't hate me :)

    ReplyDelete