Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 7-Inspiration sitting right in front of me!

Day 7

Today is day 7 of my diet and I’ve been feeling a bit disappointed with my losses the past couple days. With the diet I am doing you lose a half a pound to a pound a day. I know it seems kind of crazy, but totally worth it in the end! I’ll get over it, because I know I will start losing again, but doing this has really made me think.

Going through a time like this, where I feel I am working so hard to do something and having days where all my work seems to not matter, makes me think of my son and all the work he does. It makes me think how his entire life he will have to work harder and longer than most other people. And even with all that work, he may not end up reaching his goals - that no matter what he does he can not get his body to do what his brain is telling it to do; and I sit here and complain in my own head about not losing weight as fast as I had hoped.

How many times do we say that our kiddos have changed our lives, and how they made us realize we have nothing to complain about? But in the next moment we are complaining about something that is hard for us, something they may never even be able to try? How does this keep happening? Why do we always come back to ourselves and what we want, what we need, what we think we deserve? Oh yeah, it’s because we are ALL selfish beings no matter how “selfless” we are in some areas of our life - to our core we are selfish. Whether you believe it’s because we all have an instinct to survive and protect ourselves, or if you believe it is because we live in a fallen world, the fact is we always come back to a ME mentality.

I am amazed at all the things my little guy can do. More than many of the doctors thought he would do by his age. Just looking at all his hard work just to do simple everyday tasks inspires me to do more and be more. I have to try my best to stop thinking about how things are hard for me and realize I have an inspiration sitting right in front of me!

It’s pretty cool how just allowing myself to be open for change can send thoughts and inspiration flooding in. How something as simple as a diet to get healthy again has allowed me time to really focus and see what is really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment